Membership in the Waterloo Region Law Association is restricted to Lawyers and Licensed Paralegals in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada. Articling Students of WRLA members are automatically members at no cost for the duration of their articles.
Why become a WRLA member?
- Access to the WRLA Law Library (24 hours per day, 7 days per week)
- Library services such as legal reference, computer-assisted research, photocopying, printing, and fax service
- Free access to Lexis Advanced Quicklaw, Westlaw, Proview, Wrongful Dismissal Database and Practice Advisor, Divorcemate, Obrien's Forms
- Free WiFi in the Library and Lawyers' Lounge
- Borrowing privileges overnight for seven days
- Access to more than 10,000 print titles within the WRLA library collection
- Professional research and reference services as well as document delivery and inter-library loan
- Social events and informal networking
- Exclusive Courthouse lounges
- Awards events
- Become an active contributor to the WRLA by speaking, writing or participating in a committee
- Keep current and collect CPD hours quickly and cost effectively. WRLA offers education programs during the year, which are LSO, accredited CPD learning.
- Receive regional Notices from the Judiciary, Bench and Bar Committees
- WRLA Trustees lobby and network to represent the membership and local bar.
Members may borrow for court at no charge:
- data/video projector
- CD Player
- easel / flipchart
- portable projector screens
- Borrowing of gown, vest, and tabs for day use in the Waterloo courthouse
- Subscription to the WRLA e-newsletter
- Invitation to our AGM
- Free listing of members' contact information in the Find A Lawyer feature on our website
- Use of headphones for CD-ROM and DVD audio files
- Member rates for WRLA products, services, CPD and social events
- NEW ONLINE registration & payment options for membership renewal, events, CPDs & invoices
- Access to the Members’ Only section and services of the WRLA website
- Access to yearly locker rental services within the courthouse (limited space)
Membership for 2020 is $160.00 (plus HST).
Join the WRLA now!