If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you should:
- Go to your nearest hospital emergency room where crisis support is available
- Call 9-1-1
Local Mental Health Services
- KW Counselling is a multi-service agency providing individual, family, group and outreach supports to the community.
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital Mental Health Services - provides crisis intervention, Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES), individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, medication and psychiatric consultations, and Family Support Group
- Grand River Hospital
- Lutherwood Family Counselling Services - not-for-profit health and social service organization that provides mental health, employment and housing services.
- Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo-Wellington-Dufferin provides a full care system for those with addictions, mental health or developmental needs.
- Health Line provides a list of mental health services, help and supports in Waterloo Region.
- Mental Health Resource List provides a list of mental health services, help and supports in Waterloo Region.
- Wellness Together Canada - offers wellness self-assessment and tracking, self guided courses, apps, and other resources, group coaching and community of support and counselling by text or phone at no cost to Canadians.
- Kitchener Public Library: List of Community Mental Health Resources
- Region of Waterloo - information on mental health and wellness in Waterloo Region
HERE 24/7 or call 1-844-437-3247 (1-HERE247)
- Access to addiction, mental health, and crisis services provided by local agencies
- HERE 24/7 provides intake, assessment, referral, wait list and appointment bookings
Connex Ontario or call 1-866-531-2600
- Free and confidential information about mental health services and supports in communities across Ontario
- This service supports 170 languages
Distress Line (supportive listening) - KW 519-745-1166
Distress Line (supportive listening) - Cambridge 519-658-6805