Electronic Databases Available at the WRLA Library
- HeinOnline (Full text articles from English language legal periodicals, dictionaries, and legislative material. LSO members please contact the Great Library at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your log-in information)
Available Only in the WRLA Library
- Lexis Advance Quicklaw (Canadian case law, legislation, and commentary)
- WestlawNext Canada (Canadian case law, legislation, and commentary)
- Lexis Practice Advisor (Forms, precedents, and practice notes. Includes Wills, Trusts & Estates, Family, Commercial, Employment, Corporate, Litigation, Insolvency, and Personal injury)
- O'Brien's Encyclopedia of Forms (Legal forms and precedents)
- Thomson Reuters ProView (Texts, looseleafs, and annotations. Includes Estates&TrustsSource, Insolvency, Law and Family Source packages)
- DivorceMate (Spousal support and child support payment calculator)
- Wrongful Dismissal Database
- Rangefindr.ca (Available to WRLA members from the Members' Only page on the WRLA web site)
- Irwin Law E-book Collection (Over 300 Irwin Law ebooks. Available to WRLA members from the Members' Only page on the WRLA web site)
Experienced staff are available to assist with research and provide instruction on the use of databases. WRLA Members may request for research to be done by library staff on their behalf; email us to submit your question.
Copyright and Licence Restrictions on Use
Use of these eResources is governed by Canadian copyright law and the terms and conditions of the licence agreements between the Law Society of Ontario and resource providers. Each user is responsible for complying with these terms and conditions, including any restrictions on printing, emailing, and downloading licenced content.
The lawyers' facilities and library at 85 Frederick St are equipped with free secure WiFi to make it easier for WRLA members and LSO licensees to work while away from the office. Visit library reception for the WiFi username and password.
The library offers database access via 9 public desktop computers